[TypicalGirls] Ruth Polsky

Oliver C omcorner at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 14 23:06:22 EDT 2005

This taken from the web:

  She was a NY music promoter who was basically responsible for bringing
The Smiths and MANY OTHERS to Danceteria (she is given a dedication on
their "Shoplifters..." single as well as some of the favorite UK bands
to NYC for the first time (Bunnymen, Teardrop Explodes, the Raincoats,
New Order, Quando Quango, Delta 5, Gene Loves Jezebel) as well as
bringing such US bands like The db's, Bush Tetras, Bongos and Polyrock
to London for their UK debuts. She was fatally run over by cab in front
of the Limelight September 7 1986 before going to see Certain General
(who she was managing) play. She is definitely someone to remember.