[TypicalGirls] Ruth Polsky

Mike Appelstein mike at appelstein.com
Thu Apr 14 13:30:59 EDT 2005

While spending my lunch hour doing some Googling, it occurred to me
that the late Ruth Polsky was one of the unsung champions of post-punk
in America.  Apparently she was one of the few promoters (along with
select others, like Jim Fouratt and our own Hilary Jaeger) who brought
the early Rough Trade bands to NYC.  Who was she, and how did she end
up being one of the go-to people in NYC for young, challenging UK bands?

too young and suburban to have attended any of those shows,
-Mike
mike at appelstein.com
http://djearlybird.blogspot.com