[SM-Discuss] Source Mage IRC presence emergency Vote
stealth at nod.nz
Mon May 24 14:10:36 EDT 2021
As you know, there's an active IRC migration going on due to an
incident  on the Freenode network. After several discussions on
#sourcemage it became clear that we want to take action on this.
Former Freenode staff founded a new IRC network called Libera Chat .
Many  big  and small  projects/communities  have already
 migrated , and many  are in the process  of doing so.
Active members of Source Mage established #sourcemage on Libera, but
after weighing some opinions and given Source Mage nature, I'd like to
start a vote with some options we want to consider:
1. Migrate to Libera Chat and deprecate all project-related channels on
2. Migrate to another FOSS-friendly network like OFTC.
3. Establish presence on Libera Chat, but keep Freenode-based channels
welcoming new users.
4. Create our own IRC infrastructure (basically a couple of servers and
IRC services). I can assure you this is doable, but I'm afraid it
will negatively impact our visibility.
5. Leave everything as is, meaning the only official presence of Source
Mage will be on Freenode.
Regardless of your choice, I'd like to ask everyone to take ethical
component of this into account as well.
Things to remember :
- GPG-sign your vote.
- Send your vote *only* to projectlead at sourcemage.org.
- Vote starts at 11:10 PDT on May 24, 2021 and ends at 11:10 PDT on May
- All Lead Developers *must* vote.
- General Developers *may* vote.
Vlad Glagolev <stealth at nod.nz>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 840 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the SM-Discuss