[Poly-p-ux] I'm writing you a package manager

Poly-p man polypolyman at ibiblio.org
Wed Apr 9 15:20:48 EDT 2008

Sweet! If you can implement a few improvements over what I have, that would be
great. Basically, a few things I want:

Right now, two packages with similar names won't work. Take fortune - if the
main program were "fortune", then any package with "fortune" in the name
would be renamed. Currently, it is "fortune6", and I also
have "fortunes-good" and "fortunes-off", which works, but if it
were "fortune", "fortunes-good" and "fortunes-off" wouldn't work.

Also, having some sort of revdep-rebuild would be nice - currently,
uninstalling packages could be harmful if other things depend on them.

A few things to remember:

1. Low memory usage. These systems are old.

2. Don't assume network/internet, though if you added it as an extra feature,
it would be nice.

3. It must match or improve upon the current snailage scripts.

Thanks,
poly-p man