[pleurothallid-l] Wardian cases

geiger geiger at vetigastropoda.com
Fri Apr 7 15:13:31 EDT 2017

Interesting. Can you tell a bit more about your set-up?
How do you cool? Spectral control sounds like LED; specifics? I assume you have
some ultrasonic foggers. How do you control it? I assume it is automated. I use
a HerpKeeper system.

Best wishes

Daniel

> On April 7, 2017 at 12:08 PM Stephan Patnaude <stephanpatnaude at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Hello all,
>
>  I've been given the opportunity to setup a sophisticated Warden case.   It's
> rather small at 48" x 24" x 24 but I have complete control
>  over light intensity and spectral characteristics, temperature, humidity, and
> what I can best describe as a cooled and humidified breeze via air exchange to
> keep the air from becoming stagnant.
>
>  I can keep the temperature as cool as 45F through most of the year but always
> no warmer than 55F if required.
>
>  I've grown some Dracula species in the past with various degrees of success
> but I'd like to try some of the more difficult pleurothallids with this new
> environment.  I'm especially interested in miniatures given the small space I
> have to work with.
>
>  Any suggestions for particular specimens would be appreciated.  I'd like to
> prove the concept before I build a large case and start the obsession.
>
>  Thanks and regards,
>
>  Stephan

Daniel L. Geiger, Ph.D.
Curator of Malacology