[pleurothallid-l] Wardian cases

Stephan Patnaude stephanpatnaude at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:08:41 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I've been given the opportunity to setup a sophisticated Warden case.
It's rather small at 48" x 24" x 24 but I have complete control
over light intensity and spectral characteristics, temperature, humidity,
and what I can best describe as a cooled and humidified breeze via air
exchange to keep the air from becoming stagnant.

I can keep the temperature as cool as 45F through most of the year but
always no warmer than 55F if required.

I've grown some Dracula species in the past with various degrees of success
but I'd like to try some of the more difficult pleurothallids with this new
environment.  I'm especially interested in miniatures given the small space
I have to work with.

Any suggestions for particular specimens would be appreciated.  I'd like to
prove the concept before I build a large case and start the obsession.

Thanks and regards,

Stephan