[pleurothallid-l] Pleurothallis colossus

William Pinnix bill at sealrockorchids.com
Sun Feb 10 13:48:08 EST 2013

Hello, I'm back in the pleurothallid alliance after a 10 year
hiatus....focusing on my fish biologist career, but growing orchids
silently in the background. I've recently become enthralled by the big leaf
pleurothallids.

I have quite a few, but really would love to get Pleurothallis colossus.
I'm trying to get one from Columbia in February, but we'll see. If anyone
knows of a source or has a piece for sale or trade, I'd love to chat.

On a related note, I have a Pleurothallis pregrande (spelled just that way)
I believe it came from Orquideas del Valle. I can find no information on
this species. Orchid species.com lists a praegrandis as a synonym of
colossus....I honestly haven't had mine long enough to see flowers or if it
will assume 'colossus' proportions. Does anyone else have experience with
this species (colossus or pregrande).

Glad to be back, Bill Pinnix