[pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 44, Issue 6

geiger at vetigastropoda.com geiger at vetigastropoda.com
Tue May 31 02:34:14 EDT 2011

Dear Ron,

The plot thickens: confusion with Restrepia lansbergii and/or Pleurothallis langburgii! My head is spinning.

Just looked at D. simula on Orchidspecies.com, and yes it is one of the dozen speckle flowered ones. How do you tell those speckled species apart? They all look more or less the same to me (sorry!). I am a trained taxonomist, but
work on marine snails.

Greetings to the southern hemisphere. Enjoyed my time in Wellington quite a bit, working at Te Papa Tongarewa for a couple of weeks.

Best wishes

Daniel

On Mon May 30 19:24 , Ron Maunder  sent: