[pleurothallid-l] Mounting Pleuothallis pectinata upside down?

James Rassmann rassmann541 at msn.com
Wed Jun 15 09:05:56 EDT 2011

I lusted after P. pectinata for years and finally got one (apparently the only one they had) from SBOE about four years ago. I grow it under intermediate conditions, but suspect that it likes it on the warmer end. It is mounted pendant on a tree fern slab along with a mound of sphagnum and appears to grow only one new leaf per year. It is now about a foot long. It grows along with Draculas and many different Masdevallias and Pleuros in the gh. I don't believe that we can ever expect "rampant" growth out of this species. If you ever find out any habitat info I'd like to hear about it.

Luck - Jim Rassmann