[pleurothallid-l] New member introduction

Bell-Games, Tom tbellgames at burnip.com
Mon May 3 20:38:33 EDT 2010

From: pleurothallid-l-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org [pleurothallid-l-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Vanessa Castleberry [vmax_pchem at mac.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:35 PM
To: pleurothallid-l at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [pleurothallid-l] New member introduction

Hi,

A little personal history:  I have just completed a PhD in Physical Chemistry.  It was challenging and fun, but it's nice to be done.  I am looking at taking a job with a rocket engine manufacturing company, so keep your fingers crossed!  I am married and we have three shelter cats that share our home.

Okay, now to the interesting part:  I am a greenhouse/terrarium grower in Central Texas.  I just love my pleuros, in all of their variety.  This last weekend, I attended the Oklahoma Orchid Society's show that was combined with the spring AOS members meeting.  I went to the Pleurothallis Alliance meeting, and promptly signed up to be a member!  I offer you my list below...not all of them are or have bloomed, yet.  There are some that I feel immense relief just to see them make it through the summers down here.  Two years ago, my husband built me a humidifier/cooler that kept the greenhouse in the low to mid eighties when outside it was in the triple digits.

I enjoy learning about these little gems and was glad to meet with a bunch of pleuro enthusiasts this weekend.  Also, I ended up bringing a couple more home, but they haven't been added to the list, yet!  I hope to get know some of you online and, maybe we will meet at a meeting some day.

Regards,

Vanessa Castleberry

Condylago rodrigoi
Dracula inaequalis