[pleurothallid-l] Hello

Forrest Murray Forrest.Murray at One82.com
Fri Apr 4 18:43:12 EDT 2008

Hello everyone.

My name is Forrest.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I just thought I would drop a line to introduce myself since I am new to the group.

I live in the United States in Coastal California.  I have a small hobby greenhouse where I grow mainly Pleurothallis and allies as well as Bulbophyllum.  I have done what is probably very common among enthusiasts which is when I started off growing orchids years ago I was very attracted to the large and bold plants and flowers.  As my addicti, er, *cough* collection grew, space became more and more of a premium.  Then I was introduced to the world of miniatures and the bizarre (read awesome) orchids of the Pleurothallid Alliance.  I was immediately smitten and have been busy learning as much as I could ever since.  Now my collection is made up of primarily pleuro alliance species with the rest being Bulbophyllum or other odd species.  My greenhouse is I to I/C.  I also grow some stuff outdoors year round such as a few Mexican Laelias and some Masdevallia species.

Well, I think that is all for now.  I look forward to talking with all of you.

Cheers.

-Forrest