[pleurothallid-l] MASD CD ROM

Marc Nolan Hachadourian mhach at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 5 15:44:57 EST 2006

Dear All-

    A little while back I came across a cd-rom from England created by Masdevallia enthusiast Sue Skittrell from England. I must say that after purchasing the cd rom it is one of the most complete photographic references on the genus I have ever seen. A wonderful reference for the pleurothallid/masdevallia nut. I use it often so i don't have to drag out the Thesaurus when i need to look something up.  I was just thrilled when I came across the cd rom and wanted to bring it to the attention of other masd fanatics like myself. Below are the details of the cd rom.

f you are interested in obtaining a copy please let me know - I DO NOT PROFIT IN ANY WAY FROM THIS- With Sue's permission I am allowed to reproduce the CD and distribute it to interested parties.  It is a labor of love and many hours of hard work were put in by Sue to create this reference.

The cost of the CD is $50 inc s&h

Sincerely

Marc

Masdevallia World

A unique CD devoted to Masdevallias, there are sections covering

History

Taxonomy

Culture

and

The main Section

An A-Z of Species

Here over 500 species are covered, many in depth,

more than 400 have one or more colour photographs.

Many are linked to other similar species for comparison.

There is an extensive search facility,

100's of synonyms are included

Maps, Pleuro Family Tree, Pests & Problems, Basic Plant Anatomy.

Information on many of the species Authors

Background Pan Pipe Music.

There is also a list of interesting Web Sites

and of Pleuro friendly nurseries