[pleurothallid-l] wardian case plans

Chad Sarles wsarles at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 14:46:01 EST 2005

Michael,

I recently built a case myself for my 25 (or so) Draculas.

I used much of the information at the following link to create my own:

http://www.orchidlady.com/wardian1.html

I made adjustments as necessary. I see about 85-90% humidity during the
day and I adjust it so there is about 70% humidity at night using timers
for my ultrasonic humidifiers. I am using 6 fluorescent tubes above.
With some lava rock on the floor of the case and constant air movement,
I am seeing about a 5-6 degree drop inside the case compared to the room
temperature. My Draculas seem to love it. They have been putting out new
growth ever since I put them in there.

Hope this helps...
Chad