[pleurothallid-l] Rescuing heat damaged Draculas?

Chad Sarles wsarles at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 12:58:16 EDT 2005

Hello All,

First of all, I'm an indoor grower and do almost all of my pleurothallid
growing in a case under fluorescents at about 80% humidity.

That being said; A couple weeks ago our A/C went out for about 10 days.
I believe we hit 90 at least 3 days straight. Fans + 80 % humidity could
do so much. As such, I lost about 6 Draculas (mostly mounts ) and 4 are
hanging on to dear life right now.  All three have one new growth "nub"
(1/2" long max.) and have a few good looking roots. Is there any hope?

Right now I have them in the case on the bottom level where they can
stay moist and get about 400 foot candles or so. Temps range from 65-71
at 80% humidity. Any tips?  Is there anything else I can do but sit and
wait for some new growth? :)

Thanks,
Chad