[pleurothallid-l] introduction and pleurothallid identificationrequest

Brian O'Brien bobrien at gustavus.edu
Mon Jun 20 17:10:41 EDT 2005

Lynn,
    Thanks much for the leads on identification of my plant.  It does look
a lot like U. lepidota in the illustration (by far the closest match so
far), but the leaves seem a bit different to me - my plant's leaves look a
bit more blunt-tipped, and the flowers are not as open.  I'll try to get
some close-up photos of the flowers once it has another flush of them (it
flowers several times per year).

Brian

--
Brian A. O'Brien, Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue, Saint Peter, Minnesota  56082  U.S.A.
e-mail bobrien at gustavus.edu or bobrien at gac.edu
tel. (507)933-7310     fax (507)933-7041   http://www.gustavus.edu/~bobrien