[pleurothallid-l] pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1

Goldorchid at aol.com Goldorchid at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 21:12:39 EDT 2005

Hey all,
 My erothrochete is hanging in, but the spikes are growing slowly & the buds
are small. The   bellas' spikes are growing quickly & I have always blasted
them in the house for lack of humidity at the last stages of opening...
Temps. here are moderate for now( 80 days-60 nights) but, OF COURSE, are
going into the 90's when I have to go to Chicago for judging this weekend! I have
lost more plants in July at our semi-annual meeting in 3 days than I kill all
year when I'm home! I hose things off 3X/ day outside but Terry is really busy
this time of year too & now KNOWS that they need evaporative cooling when the
temp & humidity are both in the 90's. He uses the cool water from the hose
liberally now while I'm gone & I hope things survive my road trip...
I also have 3 unidentified Ecuadoran plants blooming that I need to try to
get to Dr. Luer this week before I go & haven't even had the time to do the
research in the Icones- off to that now-
regards.
Kathy