[pleurothallid-l] Re: coconut water

Ederer Thomas thomas.ederer at siemens.com
Mon Feb 21 03:13:56 EST 2005

Hi Chad

> I am getting ready to mother flask some draculas.
> This will be my first attempt at pleurothallids,
> however. I usually use P668 for my flasking media,
> and it does fine. My question is: I have heard of
> people adding 10% coconut water into their P668
> for pleurothallids. Anyone try it with/without
> coconut water? Is it worth the effort?

At the moment I use Sigma P6668 (Phytotechlab P668) for motherflasks. For
replating I normally use P6668 + 10% coconut water but my Masdevallias did
not like it - growth is very slow.

I use the clear coconut water which comes from green nuts. Here in Austria
(Europe) green nuts are hard to find so I have to buy coconut water in cans.

http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at/pics/forum/coconut.jpg
<http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at/pics/forum/coconut.jpg>

As soon as my Masd. glandulosa capsule is ready for flasking I will start a
new experiment to find a better replating media.

Cheers

Thomas

http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at <http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at>