[pleurothallid-l] FW: humidifier

Bell-Games, Tom tbellgames at burnip.com
Thu Dec 29 14:28:06 EST 2005

I am posting this response that I got from Mick (in Montana) that he
sent off the list.  Am thinking there might be someone else out there
that would be interested in this as well.

I told Mick that I had planned on using RO water because I know
municipal water would have a tendency to build up deposits of
carbonates.  Also, I think humidistats can be less than accurate,
particularly if they are the less expensive type.  So I was also
thinking about setting this up on a timer.

Tom Bell-Games

Tom,
I also grow indoors, 9 x 12' bedroom approx.
I  had a Jaybird Herrmidifier once; never again.

Far superior is Cameron Smith's FOGAMERICA. Besides, he's a nice guy.
See Ad. pg. 956, Dec.  AOS Orchids, or older ones quarterly. Phone
1-888-248-0379 & his wife will mail you info. If urgent, his cell is:
916-296-5832.

I don't know about your water; but, for me the key is to run it on R.O.
Also I used a humidistat firsst; but, am much happier now with a
cyclic/interval timer.

mickinmontana

Note:

These electronic documents are provided by Burgess & Niple (B&N) as a convenience to our clients.
 * The official document is available as a manually signed, initialed, or sealed hard copy. If there is a discrepancy between electronic files and the hard copies, the hard copies shall prevail.
 * It is our professional opinion that this electronic information provides information current as of the date of its release. Any use of this information is at the sole risk and liability of the user. The user is responsible for updating information to reflect any changes in the information following the preparation date of this transmittal.
The delivery of this information in electronic format is for the benefit of the owner for whom the services have been performed. Nothing in the transfer should be construed to provide any right to third parties to rely on the information provided, or that the use of this information implies the review and approval of Burgess & Niple.