[pleurothallid-l] humidification systems

Bell-Games, Tom tbellgames at burnip.com
Thu Dec 29 12:50:06 EST 2005

Hello out there.  This list has been incredibly quiet lately.

I am trying to improve my growing techniques by adding some form of
humidification to one of my growing areas.  I don't have a greenhouse.
I am growing most of my things in what had once been a porch, but is now
glassed in on three sides.  This is connected to the house and is
roughly 250 square feet.  I had considered buying something that I think
was called a hermidifan, manufactured by Jaybird.  Unfortunately, they
seem to have discontinued this.  The smallest unit they now have is the
Aquafog 400.  (I think they must apply model numbers by the price!)  My
one concern about this is the potential for noise.  I have been in
greenhouses that use some of the larger units and they are very loud.
Is anyone on this list using one of these?  If so, how do you like it?
Any suggestions for other humidifying devices that might work well?  As
an alternative, I was also considering installing one of those smaller
outdoor stand alone evaporative coolers - they look something like an
air conditioning unit (I saw these on almost all the roofs of homes in
the Salt Lake City area a year or so ago.)

Tom Bell-Games

Note:

These electronic documents are provided by Burgess & Niple (B&N) as a convenience to our clients.
 * The official document is available as a manually signed, initialed, or sealed hard copy. If there is a discrepancy between electronic files and the hard copies, the hard copies shall prevail.
 * It is our professional opinion that this electronic information provides information current as of the date of its release. Any use of this information is at the sole risk and liability of the user. The user is responsible for updating information to reflect any changes in the information following the preparation date of this transmittal.
The delivery of this information in electronic format is for the benefit of the owner for whom the services have been performed. Nothing in the transfer should be construed to provide any right to third parties to rely on the information provided, or that the use of this information implies the review and approval of Burgess & Niple.