[pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia seeds from Ecuador

Ederer Thomas thomas.ederer at siemens.com
Tue Mar 9 07:30:27 EST 2004

Hi

My friend visited Ecuador and one of his local friends gave him a seed
capsule of an Ecuador native Masdevallia which grows in his garden. My
friend gave me this capsule for flasking and when I opened it in our laminar
flow bench I noticed that the seeds inside where dry, so I can share them
with other growers. I also checked them with my microscope and the seeds
have good looking embryos.

Here is a picture of the capsule. The distance between the lines is 5mm:

http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at/pics/forum/Masd%20Ecuador%201.jpg

I do not know the name of this Masdevallia, sorry.

If somebody is interested in this seeds, please send me an email containing
your postal address and I´ll send you some of this seeds.

greetings from Austria

Thomas

www.orchideenvermehrung.at