[pleurothallid-l] Re: kei keis

Goldorchid at aol.com Goldorchid at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 17:22:05 EDT 2004

Hi Linda,
      It is not uncommon for many Pleuros to sprout a kei kei from where you
would usually see a flower. Restrepias are very good at doing this! Some say
it happens when plants are stressed but, I most commonly see it happen to older
growths that may be about to fade on otherwise healthy plants.
      I have always gone by the "6 total inches of root growth" before I
remove other kinds of kei keis but, again, if it is healthy & still getting
nourishment from the mother leaf you can leave it awhile or cut it off & pot it up.
Good luck,
Kathy