[pleurothallid-l] A question

Linda Sedlacek lmg6534 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Thu Jul 22 10:59:02 EDT 2004

My Pleurothallis hemirhoda is developing what looks like a keiki.  It's
a baby coming from where the flowers normally develop (I think it's
called the ramicaul, but I'm not sure and I don't have my cheat sheet
nearby)  Is this normal?  I have one large "keiki" that has a leaf that
is unfolding and lots of roots and two small "keikis" that are just a
single small folded leaf.  Should I leave them?  If not, at what size
should I cut them off?  I am really quite confused because I never
thought that a pleurothallid would keiki!

Linda Sedlacek
In Tallahassee, FL