[pleurothallid-l] Re: Masdevallias (Ron Maunder)

Ederer Thomas thomas.ederer at siemens.com
Thu Dec 9 03:19:00 EST 2004

Hi Ron

Nice to hear you. I do not have many plants because of my limited space at
home. At the moment my Masd. strobelii and glandulosa start flowering and I
will try to pollinate them. Last year I flasked some strobelii seeds and
they germinated very fast but stopped growing after a few weeks. They did
not do anything for a few months and now they started to produce some tiny
leaves (very slow). I use for seed sowing Sigma P6668 (equal to Phytotechlab
P668) and for replating I add 10% coconutwater. For most tropical orchids
this media works great.

Which media do you use for flasking Masdevallias ?

Cheers

Thomas