[pleurothallid-l] potting medium for dracula

Lynn O'Shaughnessy freespirit at pleurothallids.com
Wed Aug 18 17:47:24 EDT 2004

You may never get to enjoy the flowers on Draculas planted in plastic pots with a bark mix (unless they are the species that bloom on upright inflorescences - and those are just a few).  They really need to be in net pots or slatted wooden baskets to give the inflorescences room to come out.  I have seen some people use rockwool, but I don't have any experience with it.  I use NZ sphagnum and hang my draculas overhead.  They don't seem to stay too soggy, are starting to multiply like bunnies and I haven't repotted most of them for a year and a half.

Lynn O