[pleurothallid-l] Orquidas De Los Andes

Michael Shrom shrommj at ptd.net
Wed Sep 10 23:57:11 EDT 2003

	I went to the South Eastern Pennsylvania Orchid club meeting tonight.
It was pretty interesting.  The guy that was supposed to teach the
beginners class said their is no beginner class.  It's an intermediate
class and he taught almost like a college level class.  I like him and
think I'll learn a lot.  He did almost make the one girl cry but has a
lot of knowledge to give.  Ed Weber was their and had a nice
Pleurothalid display.  The speaker was from Gold Country Orchids.  He
had some interesting ideas.

	In November the guy from Orquideas De Los Andes will be the speaker.
They are taking preorders for plants.  Since I am kind of new at this
I'm not sure if I want to order or not.  Would it be a good idea to get
some bare root plants at reasonable prices and pot and mount  the
plants myself?  Or should I get comparable plants for only a few
dollars more at Parkside that are potted and mounted and well
established?   What do you think?   I'll probably do a little of both.
Later
Michael