[pleurothallid-l] Re: breeze/wind & humidity/ rain

Linda Sedlacek lmg6534 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:12:52 EDT 2003

Thanks everyone for all the information.  You've all given me a lot to
think about as I start to rethink some of my plans for my orchidarium.
As a scientist in training, nothing is a half-thought out project.  We
tend to overanalyze if anything, so I'm going to start researching my
few pleurothallids (I only have 3 right now with a dozen on the way) to
figure out what conditions they are exposed to in nature and then try to
recreate that in the orchidarium.  I'm even considering moving the
orchidarium into the greenhouse so I don't have to try so hard to
simulate the temperature difference.  I just don't seem to manage to get
enough of a temperature difference in the house.  Wish me luck!

Linda