[pleurothallid-l] Re: breeze/wind & humidity/ rain

marcus marcusadriana at mls.com.br
Tue Oct 21 05:32:50 EDT 2003

You have my permission. I have written a so discursive considerations
because I was worried that it could occour the same "carnificine" with
our small ones, as much as during the 19th and the beginning of last
century with the excess of humidity and heat that "cooked", or rather
"boiled" millions of Cattleya in european greehouses, exactly because of
deficiency of information and a generalistic hearsay the tropics are
such-and-such hot and such-and-such humid. In some of messages I could
forsight a "inhaler device" being prepared for our little ones, even in
aquarium !!!

I submitt TO YOU further considerations because perhaps also I was too
short in making considerations about fooding and natural healing
conditions that natural individuals have.
For me, orchids are eating their annual banquet when the first rains
bring to their roots the bacteria, fungus, minerals etc that is carried
drown by the water that, at the same time is clearing of the dust, dead
bodies and rest of organic and mineral the remaining tree leaves (that
now can support less weight and see more light), and clear the branchs
and trunk in a cleaning situation. The fungus that now can grow also
provide a "penicilin" to damaged tissues of broken parts. A more
drasting sittuation occour with the strong autunm winds that stripp the
dead leaves and put down dead trees and old overweight liana-full
branches (now the tree-roots can recicle all that fallen organic matter
with the soil microorganisms - which for me also represent the forest).
I consider the most important property of living organisms is the
healing property they have.
So, again, they do not need fertilization and protection against
bacteria, fungus, etc all the year long as I frequently read of making
these addings on a weekly basis.
If you think these last considerations have a solid merit, and are not
an excess of zeal, you can add to my previous comments that were more
important.
Marcus Rezende