[pleurothallid-l] Re: Ecuador

Lynn O'Shaughnessy freespirit at pleurothallids.com
Fri Oct 17 15:31:36 EDT 2003

I have to admit that I didn't go out a night to see what the winds were like, but there was almost always at least a small breeze everywhere we went at pretty much all times of day.  I found that except for the high altitude cloud forests, all the plants had dried out by the time the sun went down, then were bathed in moisture overnight (either with fog or rain).  It was amazing to me to see how dried out they were by late afternoon, considering that I always thought pleurothallids needed to be kept wetter than that.  However it was VERY humid at all altitudes - especially at the lower altitudes where it was 90 to 95 degrees during the day.

Lynn O