[pleurothallid-l] Aquarium Project

Bell-Games, Tom tbellgames at burnip.com
Tue Oct 14 14:59:40 EDT 2003

Al,
Sorry to be late in entering in on the discussion (had some trouble with my e-mail).  It has been my experience that humidity is generally not a problem.  I initially tried using a fogging device; while it looked nice, I have been able to maintain fairly high humidity (80% +) by just keeping water in the lower portion of the aquarium (I have an inch or so of pea gravel in the bottom).  Everything is kept just above this to avoid things getting too wet.  Air is directed downward to encourage cooling as the water evaporates.  I spray everything once a day in the morning.  Lights are on a timer and the fan runs all the time.

Tom Bell-Games