[pleurothallid-l] Masdevalia meadows?

Ron Maunder pondeeza at enternet.co.nz
Sat Oct 4 20:00:19 EDT 2003

Lyn's trip to Ecuador reminds me of a question?

We read in old books of the areas in Colombia (or New Granada) where
Masdevallia coccinea grew up there in the Andean meadows in their
thousands and in their wonderful range of colours.  Has anyone on the
list seen them flowering in situ like that or have they long since
gone?  Are there any colour pictures of them there in more recent
books or magazines or in members slide collections they could tell
me/us about? I'd love to get my hands on some pictures.  Perhaps the
guerillas have them all to themselves nowadays!

Ron Maunder
--

Paradise Orchid Nurseries,   P.O.Box 16006, Bethlehem, Tauranga, New Zealand

Contact - Phone/Fax  (64) 7 552 5570
Email pondeeza at enternet.co.nz  (mailto:pondeeza at enternet.co.nz)