[pleurothallid-l] mounting restrepia

Carl Gustafson cgg25 at drexel.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:02:06 EST 2003

What is a good wood for mounting restrepia.  I want to cover a branch
with these little jewels. We have  maple, grapevine, native  cherry &
apple.. Would these work?  Anybody out there have restrepia to trade
or sell, I;m always looking for new species to add to our collection

Maple and apple decays too easily, in my experience. Grapevine may
work, rhododendron does, and oak will last (if it doesn't get
shelf-bracket fungus), but some roots don't like oak. Locust is
supposedly good, but I haven't tried that.

Carl "Always experimenting" Gustafson