[pleurothallid-l] Re: [frognet] Masdevallia limax (orchid club)

Michael Shrom shrommj at ptd.net
Fri Nov 14 12:28:22 EST 2003

Hi John,
	I'm glad to hear from you.   I've been doing frogs for over 20 years
but have only been putting orchids in the tank for the past year or so.
  Most of my plants are on tree fern plaques but some are on cork bark
and in pots.  They are all hanging on cork and grapevine with holes
drilled in it to hang the plaques and pots.  I normally mist heavily in
the morning.   I water heavy about once a week.  I am setting the temp
back a little at night.  So far I'm fertilizing at about half strength
with dynagrow every couple weeks.  I hear so many conflicting ideas on
fertilizing it confuses me.  I've heard Dracula should not be fed so I
guess I won't.
	I'm sorry I missed FrogFest.  Usually their are lots of plants and
supplies at IAD  http://www.intlamphibday.org    It is in Timmonium,
Md. from April 2nd - 4th this 2004.   The orchid expert their is Beth
Off from Waldor.  Beth is in charge of the event this year.  Waldor
tends to lean more towards the big orchids but Beth gets stuff
especially for IAD.  Normally I don't go distances for shows but might
have to go to the amphibian show that is tentatively scheduled for The
Atlanta Botanical Gardens next year.  I always wanted to go down their
to see Ron Gagliardos frogs and plants.  Ron Gagliardo and Charles
Powell are putting that show on.   They are both orchid and frog guys.
	I'll let you know how the plants do.  I'll probably continue posting
some things to both lists (unless I get complaints).  The lists do
overlap quite a bit.   Many of the orchids and frogs need nearly the
same conditions.
Later
Michael Shrom