[pleurothallid-l] Unknown

Balistrieri, Carlo cbalistrieri at nybg.org
Thu Nov 13 13:38:43 EST 2003

Jeanette,

The plant in question is undboubtedly of the Pleurothallis sp. persuasion.
Lynn's guess is as good as any but many of these little guys just aren't
easy to pin down. It (Iack of a positive I.D.) has never prevented me from
buying a plant that looked interesting. You always have the option of
sending it to the Orchid Identification Center or Dr. Luer--just make sure
you follow the procedures, outlined elsewhere.

There are other lists out there. Bigger ones probably more active--but
you've come to the most specialized. The Cattleya  and Phalaenopsis growers
on those lists are unlikely sources of help for your particular dilemma.

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri
Curator of the Rock Garden
The New York Botanical Garden