[pleurothallid-l] Heat stress

Goldorchid at aol.com Goldorchid at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 22:31:56 EDT 2003

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop leaf drop after periods of high
heat & humidity?
We recently had temps in the high 90s & dew points in the 80s-heat index 109
degrees!
I try to wet the ground   & growing area with cold tap water & mist with a
fogger nozzle but I was out of town & when I got home Sunday night several
plants had leaves turning yellow at the leaf/ramicaul juncture & were falling off
Mon. morning.
How can I stop the spread? fungicide? cinnamon? move to Ecuador?
Welcome everyone & thank you guys!

Kathy Creger in Minnesota land of extremes