[pleurothallid-l] Re: pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

Joorchids at aol.com Joorchids at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 14:11:32 EST 2003

back in the days when I had several hundred Pleuros...I fertilized them with
a simple soak in a bucket of fish emulsion (about 30 min each).I did this
about once a month in the summer, and every 3-4 months in the winter...never had a
problem with spreading bugs either, as I have never seen mealy, scale etc on
any of the pleuros that I grew...a mixed bag of draculas, masdevallias and
stelis etc.  It is important to have good airmovement and hopefully a place to
grow them where the lovely odor of the fish is not offensive.

        "Life may not be the Party we hoped for, but while we're here we
might as well dance!"

                Jodi