[pleurothallid-l] Re: pleurothallid-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12

marcus marcusadriana at mls.com.br
Mon Aug 25 00:06:18 EDT 2003

Hi Michael:
My Pleurothallis are too small and fragile to human contact. They (the
forgs)do not tramp on them, smashing flowers or breaking leaves? Are
they useful in controling snails and slugs? Supose so, as they live
behind the plaques, where the plages hide during daylight - they all are
shy, aren't they? -that simbiosis (man-orchid-frog) can be of great
value to people having nuisance with that moluscs in their greehouse.
Anyway, congratulations in the management of such a complex eco-system.
One more question that worries my wife: the frogs that live in my ranch
make noises like "roach" that you can hear a hundred of feet away.
My wife, despite their beauty,  questioned me if your wife/children
wouldn't complain about that.
Some species of them also insist in visiting my bathroom when the
weather is too dry (that seldom occours), startling everyone...Sorry for
the joke.

Marcus Rezende