[pleurothallid-l] reply to Jeanne Schudel

carlobal carlobal at netzero.net
Sun Aug 24 21:57:14 EDT 2003

Jodi,

As many of the  southern growers can attest, it's not the 45 in winter that
will nail your plants, it's the 100 in summer. You know, but I'll say it for
anyone listening in, that anything around 85 and higher is a problem. It was
a major setback for me last summer, my first in NY, that temps in my
apartment went to 91--no air in that place. Many of my high priced lilttle
guys gave up the ghost...

This year (seems a bit cooler), I've got air and the plants are limping
through. Don't get me wrong, I've still lost a few but many less than last
go around.

I think your fridge idea is a good one--you'd have one helluva setup. (55
feet!!)

Carlo