[pleurothallid-l] Introduction

Charles Powell, II powell2 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 22 21:21:56 EDT 2003

I figure I should introduce myself. My name is Chuck Powell and I have
been keeping Pleurothalids for, oh, maybe 10 years, orchids for about
20 years and carnivorous plants for almost 40 years (38 to be exact).
I have a wide range of interests from Dendrobatid frogs (poison frogs;
not really poisonous but beautiful) and geckos to molluscan
paleontology (that's my job; for the U.S. Geological Survey).  I have a
small home-made greenhouse in my back yard that my sons and I made a
couple years back = it turned out pretty well.  I have, maybe 40 or so
Pleurothalids and favor Lepenthes, Restrepia (although I don't have any
of these two genera) and Pleurothalis and don't keep much in the way of
Masdavalia or Dracula (to warm here).  I run the American Dendrobatid
Group and put on Frog Day each year in San Jose, California.  If anyone
in the Bay Area sells orchids and would like to sell at the next Frog
Day please contact me.  I think there would be lots of interest.  I
also have a number of baby frogs if anyone is interest in trading
plants for frogs.  I'm always interested in trading for new plants.
What else, I'm married, for 25 year last Tuesday and I'm crazy about
Barb.  We have 4 kids, 2 boys 18 and two daughters 15 and 11.  Guess
that's about it.  Any questions?

Best,

Charles & Barbara Powell
powell2 at sbcglobal.net