[pleurothallid-l] Masdevallias in Marcus's estate

Ron Maunder pondeeza at enternet.co.nz
Tue Aug 5 10:22:06 EDT 2003

Hi Marcus,

Sounds like a great place to have there in SE Brazil.  Where is it
situated in relation to Rio or to a city or town we can find on the
map?

What Masdevallias have you identified in your forest? You say
temperature medium in summer is +25°C. Did you mean maximum
temperature?  Sounds like good Masd coccinea country and a similar
temperature range to here in the north of New Zealand. I suppose
because coccineas are not native to Brazil you wouldn't introduce
them there or even grow them in a hobby collection?

Cheers,

Ron