[permaculture] Need plant ID

Robyn Francis robyn at permaculture.com.au
Fri Jul 17 21:41:47 EDT 2015

Definitely not Papyrus, but certainly looks like a Cyperus spp, possibly C. esculentus, (yellow nut sedge).  Try a search of Cyperus Spp images.
BTW there’s a neat little mnemonic to help with ID of aquatic edge plants:
Sedges have edges and Rushes are round
and Grasses like asses have holes

cheers, Robyn