[percy-l] Ten Best Southern Novels of All Time...

RHONDA MCDONNELL rhonda_mcdonnell at msn.com
Wed Sep 9 03:30:20 EDT 2009

Thanks Karey. Looks like just about all of WP's fiction got mentioned (I didn't see Thanatos or LITR but I was skimming--I guess that's 2/3 then).  It's hard to argue with #1 and #2 except I'd flip their order.  All the King's Men is the confluence of all American Literature, with all the past flowing in and everything after carrying a piece of it. But that's just me getting a little purple about it. It just doesn't get better than that, I say. Unfortunately, my survey must have gotten lost in the mail.

--Rhonda

"You live in a deranged age, more deranged than usual, because in spite of great scientific and technological advances, man has not the faintest idea of who he is or what he is doing."

                                    Walker Percy