[percy-l] new book on Percy - signing

Teresa ttbrader at cox.net
Fri Sep 8 16:45:20 EDT 2006

I'm passing this along for those of you who might be in the N.O. area
tomorrow.  (Sorry for not knowing about it sooner -- I just now received
this email from the bookstore.)

'Walker Percy Remembered Book Signing Tomorrow

'Tomorrow is the big day. Please join us! Saturday, September 9, from
11:00 until noon. David Horace Harwell will be signing his new book of
thirteen interviews, "Walker Percy Remembered: A Portrait in the Words
of Those Who knew Him"  here at the Maple Street Book Shop. We are
located at 7523 Maple St., New Orleans, LA.

'Our owner, Rhoda Faust, a long-time family and business friend of
Percy's, is one of the people David Harwell interviewed.  Some of the
others are Phin and LeRoy Percy, Walker's brothers, Shelby Foote, his
life-long best friend, Carrie Cyprian, his housekeeper, and Nikki Barringer,
neighbor and friend. We are hoping that many of the people in the book
come to the signing, and we welcome his old fans as well as his new
ones.  As the dust jacket says, "Over the course of the interviews,
readers learn intimate details of Percy's writing process; his
interactions with community members of different ethnic, religious, and
socioeconomic backgrounds; and his commitment to civil rights issues." '

I will add that I have met Rhoda and had extended conversations with
her.  She is a joy and always so happy to talk about WP.  Will you be
attending, Nikki?

Teresa