[pchealth] 8 of the top 10 countries that live the longest are also all near the top 10 in Fish consumption. (Interesting observation) : nutrition

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 14:59:43 EDT 2019

8 of the top 10 countries that live the longest are also all near the top
10 in Fish consumption. (Interesting observation) : nutrition
https://www.reddit.com/r/nutrition/comments/b0a137/8_of_the_top_10_countries_that_live_the_longest/?st=jt63b9gx&sh=bb46571f
Comment:
"So I was looking at The World Health Organization list of countries with
the highest life expectancies. I was trying to figure out if there was a
common trend among the countries in the top 10 (nutrition wise). I came to
realise that most of these countries were also in the top 10 for total fish
consumption per capita.

Japan, Spain, Iceland, Italy, South Korea, France, Sweden, Hong Kong,
Australia were all countries that were in the top 10 (or very close) of
life expectancy and fish consumption per capita.

Here is the life expectancy ranking-
https://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/2016/EN_WHS2016_AnnexB.pdf?ua=1

Here are some rankings of fish consumption-
https://www.helgilibrary.com/indicators/fish-consumption-per-capita/

Now obviously i'm sure many other factors come into play that contribute to
a higher life expectancy. I'm not here to promote eating fish or anything I
just thought it was something interesting."

"

the lower in the food chain is the animal the less heavy metals it will
have build up. And sardines are actually the safest fish to eat in that
regard as they only have concentration of mercury of 0.013 ppm. Compare it
to canned tuna that has concentration of 0.354 ppm."

https://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/metals/ucm115644.htm

https://www.usgs.gov/news/comprehensive-study-finds-widespread-mercury-contamination-across-western-north-america?qt-news_science_products=3#qt-news_science_products