[NAFEX] Hardy Citrus

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch at vsnl.com
Sun Jan 23 02:52:03 EST 2022

Galgal cannot be at all compared with Thomsonville citrangequat.  Galgal is very widely wised in North India.  Its juice is made into Lemon Squash.  Several hundred tons of Galgal fruits are made into a pickle which is one of the most popular pickes eaten in North India.  May be yu get in Indian grocery stores in the US too.  In the villages the juice from Galgal is concentrated and made into a concentrate called CHUKH.  It is used as a souring agent during summers.

Though there is no experimental data, but my observation is that is can ealily toerate upto -5 C.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com