[nafex] Elizabeth's grafted pawpaw sudden death

Elizabeth Hilborn ehilborn at mebtel.net
Mon Nov 23 07:12:17 EST 2020

Thank you Patsy.

I does almost seem like graft incompatibility, the way it has manifested
among so many different trees and different time periods. But the
rootstock is apparently from different places: I have purchased the
trees from four different vendors, East and West coasts (Oregon,
Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky).

I need to get busy with scionwood this spring, I have so many dozens of
seedlings/ sprouts now. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Yes Ambrosia beetle. I had attacks on two grafted Chinese Chestnuts
about 12 years ago. Very dramatic- covered with tiny tubes of
frass/sawdust  on 2 inch caliper trunks. Cut and burned those trees.
What a waste.

--
Elizabeth Hilborn, DVM
Bee Well Mobile Veterinary Services, PLLC