[nafex] Black currants out of hand

Devin Smith dvidedevo at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 09:29:32 EST 2020

Many cultivars are quite tart and smoky, but not all. Sweeter and milder  selections abound. The best I’ve had for fresh eating is minaj smyriou- it’s large, soft and juicy, and very mild. We eat them by the fistful in my household.  Titania, Belaruskaya, and Kirovchanka are about middle of the rd. in my experience, still good fresh, but more zippy. Black down is said to be quite good fresh, though I don’t have that one currantly (finest dad humor implied)Devin SmithSouthern VT zone 5