[nafex] How small can I keep an apple on g41?

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sun Mar 31 12:41:59 EDT 2019

I, too, miss the list. And I have a question, too. I am expecting a karmijn de sonnaville apple tree grafted on g41 any day, now, and I'm wondering where to plant it. I built a cage for a dwarf cherry tree (Carmine Jewel), but the flavor is only so-so, and I'm thinking I might rip it out and use the cage for something else.

The cage is about 5' wide, 4' deep, and hmm, maybe 8' tall. Could I maintain the apple tree in that space?
--
Ginda
typed with Swype, who knows what I intended.