[nafex] Fire Blight (?)

Jerry Lehman jwlehmantree at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:04:18 EDT 2016

On 5/2/2016 11:17 PM, Jim Fruth wrote:
> It doesn't look like Fire Blight.  Fire Blight's characteristic is the
> appearance of having been burned (blackened).
>

> -----Original Message----- From: John Barbowski
> Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 8:03 PM
> To: mailing list at ibiblio - Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
> Subject: [nafex] Fire Blight (?)
Good Morning,

I certainly agree with Jim is that does not look like fire. Absolutely
does not. Certainly I'm not an expert on Apple diseases but this looks
to me like sun scald and then fungus set in but not the fire blight
bacteria. As Jim said, fire blight spores leave a black mark that is
washed by the rain from the top down.

Jerry L