[nafex] Advice on disease resistant apples for Charlotte NC

Rosholdt rosholdt at erols.com
Sun May 1 22:16:39 EDT 2016

I'm here in the Central Virginia Piedmont, Z7a.  Liberty does not
"flavor up" here.  I am considering removing it.
Gold Rush died on me.  My Williams Pride is still pre-bearing, but I
have great hopes.  York and Aunt Rachel have done well, as have
Kinnaird's Choice.

Barbara R.

"I have a growing handful of friends in and around Charlotte NC.

They have expressed some interest in dwarf apple trees and I am not sure
what disease varieties would perform well there.

I am thinking along the lines of early, mid-early, mid and late.

So perhaps Williams Pride, Dayton, Liberty, Gold Rush?  I just have no
idea how any varieties will taste in that area.  For example I suspect
Liberty may not develop flavor without cool nights but I also here it does
well in warmer climates.

Advice much appreciated.

the fluffy one"