[nafex] Voles and Controlling Them

Jerry Lehman jwlehmantree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:03:20 EDT 2016

On 7/8/2016 1:43 PM, Steve Herje wrote:
> Anyone know what brand of trap they're referring to?  The only one I found on line got pretty poor reviews.   Thanks.  Steve H. Lone Rock SWWI
Steve,

Below is one of the paragraphs from that article. Just a regular wood
base mouse trap should work just fine. And, for those with chipmunk
problems I have successfully used the old-fashioned wood base rat trap
baited with pecans.   Jerry

/Regular, snap type mouse traps can be very effective in killing voles.
When baiting this style of trap, try to cut pea-sized pieces of apple
that include some skin. If the skin is slid under the bait bar's hook or
teeth, it will be harder for a rodent to steal the bait. Again, drop a
couple pieces of apple inside tunnels. Voles often turn cannibalistic
and a trap with fragments of skin usually indicates additional voles./